ProviderConnectSM Helpful Resources
Log on or register with ProviderConnect to take advantage of our online services:
ProviderConnect makes routine tasks such as processing claims, obtaining claims information, and verifying eligibility status easy and convenient.
Please click on the links below to access the specific guides. Note: you will need Adobe® Flash Player and Adobe® Reader. If you do not have access to this software, you may download and install these applications on your computer.
The ProviderConnect User Guide outlines the steps to using the various functions within ProviderConnect. Providers are encouraged to carefully review the ProviderConnect User Guide to help answer any questions on how to use the ProviderConnect application.
The Getting Started with ProviderConnect Guide is a condensed version of the ProviderConnect User Guide but is not a substitute for the ProviderConnect User Guide. New ProviderConnect users are encouraged to use the Getting Started with ProviderConnect Guide as a way to get acclimated with the ProviderConnect application.
- Guide To Direct Claim Submission for Professional Claims (PDF)
- Guide to Changing or Reprocessing Professional Claims Online (PDF)
- Guide to EAP Claim Submission Online (PDF)
- Guide to Batch Claim Submission Online (PDF)
- Beacon Health Options Companion Guide (PDF)
Beacon Health Options (Beacon) network providers are expected to electronically conduct all routine transactions. Learn more
Don't Know your Provider ID?
Your Provider ID may be on file with us. Just call our National Provider Service Line at (800) 397-1630, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m.-8 p.m. ET for assistance.
Providers must obtain a User ID before using Online Services. To accomplish this, the following forms must be completed.
- Online Services Account Request (Editable Version)
- Account Request Form for Access to Multiple Providers (Editable Version)
- Online Services Intermediary Authorization (Editable Version)
Beacon is also a HIPAA-compliant organization. Under HIPAA Privacy Rule at 164.514(h) a covered entity prior to making any disclosure permitted under the privacy regulations must (1) verify the identity of a person requesting protected health information (PHI) and the authority of such person to have access to protected health information under this regulation, if the identity or any such authority of such person is not known to the covered entity. Accordingly, Beacon requires that anyone requesting access to PHI be appropriately identified and authenticated. Members and personal representatives, for example, are required to provide the member identification number or subscriber number and the member’s or subscriber’s date of birth. You or your administrative staff are identified and authenticated in a number of ways and may be asked for your federal tax identification number (TIN), your national provider identification number (NPI), or physical address as part of this verification process. Having this information available prior to making contact with Beacon will expedite your request.
The links below provide additional information regarding submitting electronic HIPAA transactions to Beacon.
- How to Submit Electronic Claims in HIPAA 837 Format
- Behavioral Health Revenue Codes Approved by NUBC (PDF)
- EDI Claims Link for Windows® 3.5 Quick Start Guide (PDF)
- EDI Claims Link for Windows® 3.5 User's Manual (PDF)
- EDI Claims Link for Windows® 3.5 (Application)
- How to Run ECLW Installation Video
- How to Run ECLW Update Video
- Provider and Patient Data Maintenance Video
- Institutional Claim Instructional Video
- Professional Claim Instructional Video
- For a listing of upcoming ProviderConnect training webinars, click here.
- To reference one of our archived webinars, click here.
Electronic Claims Submission / EDI Helpdesk
If you have a technical question about ProviderConnect or EDI Claims Link, please contact the EDI Helpdesk
Phone: (888) 247-9311 from 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. ET
Fax: (866) 698-6032
Beacon Health Options
Attn: EDI Helpdesk
PO Box 1287
Latham, NY 12110